Friday 1 June 2012

Life On The Road. Kirky - Galasheils via the Tweed Valley

Day 1 has been the most exciting surreal day of my life. I may aswell start from the beginning.

So got up pretty early this morning, and me being the most unprepared clown known to man had to go and get my money for my trip. Not as exciting as it sounds but I made the poor woman open the shop up half an hour early and told her I was leaving for turkey in 45mins which obviously was a complete lie! But hey ho first nice person I met today.

So my actual day started off by going to my grans for some breakfast and to say goodbye! Whoever said a full English is the wrong food to start off 8 hours of cycling is a lying bastard! I was like Lance Armstrong.... Well for the first 2 hours anyway! I stopped for some lunch and gave my girlfriend Celine a quick phone call to let her know I was ok. Thought I'd take another quick pic of some big ass cows and leaned against what I thought was a normal fence...nahh!!! Just my luck first electrocution of the trip! Ended up on the middle of the road in fits of laughter though!

I got to Peebles then decide that I was in need of some Coffee. That new cafe has nothing on the hub, was full of those silly mountain bikers with full face helmets! Helmet by name helmet by nature! Loaded with caffeine and cake on I went. About an hour and a half later I got to Galasheils pretty broken (sad face) in the hope of finding a campsite that someone had told me about earlier. I chapped the reception door and the devil herself answered! Such a creepy creepy old woman took me into her house which was absolutely reaking of cat pish! She tried to charge me a fiver for putting my tent up next to a chicken coop. Was I fuck paying that so told her to leave it, long story short she took £2.15 off me and I still think I got shafted!

I've not went mental yet.....BUT just for a laugh from glentress onwards everyone that said hi I replied with "howdy partner" in a shite American accent. One of those ones "you had to be there" the reactions in there faces was enough to keep me smiling, and peddling!

All in all an effing superb first day, now I'm in my pokey tent which from now on I'm calling a house to try and make me feel a little better! I'd like to say thanks for all the nice messages I've been getting on Facebook and twitter they have kept me sane. So bed time for moi my tinned chicken curry and undercooked rice have hit the spot! Next stop Somewhere outside Newcastle

BITCHES BE SLIPPIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment