Thursday 31 May 2012

AGHHHH!!! Turkey here I come!!

So I leave for my cycle to Turkey from Glasgow tomorrow. No big deal just pedalling the length of europe for shits and giggles! Ahhh hmmm NOT!! Safe to say I am proper bricking it!!! I'd love to say I'm all prepared and training has went well but......prepared isn't a choice of word I would use. Well I have googled Amsterdam to Istanbul and printed that out haha! I'm going with it will be more of an adventure if I don't actually know where I'm going , that and I am a complete lazy bastard! As far as training goes I've cycled from Edinburgh to Glasgow twice and pedalled from my flat to lenzie train station which is a massive mile away haha! Would love to use more swear words to describe my shambolic preparation but I got my testicles kicked off my gran for the amount of potty mouthed shenanigans in my last post! She watches countdown so shes articulate n shit! Agh well I'll be somewhere in Europe so she can't give me into trouble. 😄 love you Jinty

The adventure of a lifetime begins, there only so much Bear Grylls and Mark Beaumont documentaries that I can watch before going mad. The long road to Istanbul awaits me, hopefully meet some amazing people and see some amazing sights. I was thinking of ways to stop or fight back if I get mugged then I realised if I just open my mouth and speak that the glesga accent should be enough of a deterrent for even the most hardened European wanker-thieves!

Get on my just giving page if you haven't already donated www.justgiving.co.uk/chrisbarr90 and help me raise some serious dollar for yorkhill children's hospital.

Before I leave I'd like to thank all my friends and family for supporting me (well apart from the occasional "why not just go to turkey for 2 weeks ya knob" comments). As soon as I'm back were going to party hard even with all the blisters on my arse!

Anyway got to go and cry in the toilet and tell myself I'm a big boy and big boys don't cry! OUT! bitches be slippin (just for you J)


1 comment: